Making a Claim on Your Small Business Insurance
Be prepared, keep your cool, and make your claim run like clockwork in five easy steps.
If you need to make a claim, follow these simple steps:
- If it’s an emergency, report your claim immediately by calling our 24/7 claims helpline on 0800 587 8388. The faster you report an incident, the quicker we’ll get things moving.
- It helps to have these details ready:
- your policy number
- the date of the incident
- facts about what happened
- if you’re reporting a theft, what’s been taken and any serial numbers
- supporting documents (these will vary depending on the type of claim) such as crime report numbers, accident reports, etc
- If there’s been an accident or something’s been stolen, take some photos or shoot a quick video of the scene.
- Read your policy so you know what’s in it and what you’re insured for. You can find this by logging in here.
- Work with us. We know you’re busy but the more you can help us with our investigations, the easier it’ll be for us to process your claim.
Remember, if someone makes a claim against you or you think they might, give us a call when you can and don’t admit you’re to blame.
Get in touch with us straight away and we’ll work with you to get things sorted.
What Happens Next?
- We’ll give you a claim number and the direct phone number and email address of your claims specialist who’ll work with you until things are resolved.
- In an emergency, we’ll help by getting a locksmith, plumber or builder out to you as soon as possible.
- If your laptop is damaged and you need a replacement, we’ll arrange for one to be sent to you as soon as possible.
- If it’s a large property claim, we’ll send a loss adjuster out to you to get all the details they need.
Any time we need to get in touch with you, we’ll ask for the best time to call. If you’d rather be contact by email then please let us know.