Employers' Liability Claims
Every employers' liability claim is different, so we’ll let you know exactly what we need when you get in touch on our 24/7 helpline 0800 587 8388. The following information will help us support you with your claim as quickly as possible:
- Accident details: Tell us as much as you can about what’s happened, including anything that’s been recorded in an accident log or book, if you have one.
- Photos or videos: If you can, take photos or a quick video of the accident scene straight away. Whoever is at fault, photos or a video will help save time and money for everyone involved.
- CCTV footage: Are there any cameras in or around your workplace?
- Witness details: Did anyone see what happened? If so, try to get their contact details.
- Details of employee training: If someone is injured at work, we need to know if they’ve been trained for what they were doing when the accident happened.
- Process documents: Any documents that show an employee how to do a task.
- Risk assessment information: This document shows that you, as an employer, have considered risks in your workplace.
- Wages information: We’ll need to see this if the employee has been off work after an accident.
- Letter of claim: This is a letter sent to you by the claimant which lets you know that a claim is being made against you.