Every property claim is different, so we’ll let you know exactly what we need when you get in touch. The following information will help us support you with your claim as quickly as possible:
- Receipts and estimates: If you want to make a claim for damaged or stolen equipment, we’d like to see original purchase receipts and replacement cost estimates, if you have them.
- Photos or videos: If you can, take photos or a quick video of the accident scene straight away. Whoever is at fault, photos or a video will help save time and money for everyone involved.
- Contractor details: If you know who has damaged the property, say if it’s a contractor, we’ll need their contact details.
- Lease details: If you rent your workplace and you think you’re responsible for damage to the building, like a broken plate glass window, we’ll need to see a copy of your lease. Your lease may be with your solicitor, if you don’t have it. If you’re not responsible for the damage, report it to your landlord.
- Your availability: Our claims specialist or loss adjuster will need to contact or visit you to understand exactly what’s happened and what evidence there is.