Public and Product Liability Claims
Every public and products liability claim is different, so we’ll let you know exactly what we need when you get in touch on our 24/7 helpline 0800 587 8388. The following information will help us support you with your claim as quickly as possible:
- Accident details: Tell us as much as you can about what’s happened, including anything that’s been recorded in an accident log or book, if you have one.
- Photos or videos: If you can, take photos or a quick video of the accident scene straight away. Whoever is at fault, photos or a video will help save time and money for everyone involved.
- Witness details: Did anyone see what happened? If so, try to get their contact details.
- Risk assessment details: This document shows that you, as a business owner, have considered risks around your business.
- CCTV footage: Are there any cameras in or around your workplace? If so, indicating to us where they are will be helpful.
- Cleaning and maintenance records: If someone has slipped in your shop or office, these records might be handy.
- Letter of claim: This is a letter sent to you by the claimant which lets you know they want to make a claim against you.
- All insurance details: For an insurance claim, we’ll need any sales invoices that prove you sold it to the customer making the claim. We’ll also want any purchase receipts showing where you got the product from and all the details about what has happened with the product.