Your office is where the magic happens so it needs protecting, whether you own or rent it.
If you own the building where your business is based, you’ll need to have buildings insurance to insure you against potential hazards like a fire caused by an electrical fault.
If you rent your office, check with your landlord to see if they have buildings insurance or if you need to take it out as part of your lease.
For more details, see our summary of cover document.
Why You Might Need It:
- Building protection such as fire, flood, earthquake, natural disasters.
- Satisfy your lease or mortgage agreement.
- We will cover improvements you make to the building.
Our buildings insurance covers damage to the structure of the building such as the roof, walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, fitted fixtures and sanitary suites. It also covers signs, outbuildings, gates, fences and mains supply pipes and drains for which you are responsible.
- You should insure your building for the amount it’d cost to rebuild it, rather than the market value.
- To buy our buildings insurance, you'll also need to purchase our office contents insurance, as these are sold as a package.
- If you work from home, we can’t insure your building, but take a look at our office bundle that’s been designed with small home-based businesses in mind.
Interested in a Quote?
If you are looking for insurance, contact your independent broker and ask for Travelers.
Looking to insure a small business? Visit Simply Business, our digital partner for small business customers, to find cover tailored to your business needs.