Prevent Crime, Vandalism & Arson
With any business premises there is the potential for risk from outside influences. You may not be able to control these, but there are several ways to reinforce security for your business and alleviate these potential dangers, so you can reach higher without watching your back.
First, carry out a risk assessment of vulnerable areas of your property to ensure you have all bases covered when it comes to your security planning. Once this is complete you can start to implement basic precaution systems:
- Ensure doors, internal and external, have the necessary security measures.
- Windows should all be considered and fitted with protection.
- Intruder alarms are an excellent deterrent and easily implemented.
- Vandals are often attracted to disrepair, so ensure that your premises are in the best condition and carry out regular checks.
- Encourage a culture of challenging strangers within the workforce.
- Utilise both physical and electronic options to increase the likelihood of success.
For further security, there are extra options to consider:
- Locking waste disposal areas
- Separating flammable waste
All of the above are simple ways to give you peace of mind when it comes to your business property, and keep you concentrating on the important things.
For more information, sign up to our Risk Academy, log in to the Risk Control Customer Portal, or email RCEUROPE@travelers.com
More Insights & Expertise
These risk control guidelines can help businesses prevent problems with electrical systems and equipment.
We can help operations minimise the risks of cutting, welding and other hot work.