Construction and Engineering Insurance
Travelers is a leading provider of insurance for the construction industry. Our construction insurance specialisation arms us with a vast database of hands-on, industry-specific knowledge to help construction and engineering contractors manage costs.
We work hard to deliver outstanding service, quality products and customised solutions. There is a strong engineering focus with two senior engineers supporting the underwriting function.
Travelers covers all risks of physical loss or damage to insured property that can come about from Construction or Engineering activities. Cover is offered on both single projects and on annually renewable business for contractors, developers and owners. Cover can be provided on a Full Value or Excess of Loss basis, and as insurance or reinsurance.
Travelers offer the following covers in conjunction with CAR/ EAR.
- Third Party Liability (TPL)
- Advance Loss of Profits (ALOP)
- Contractors Plant and Equipment (CPE)
- Interim operational cover and associated business interruption
- In addition to this, as a group, we can offer:
- Project Marine Cargo and associated Delay in Start Up
- First year operational cover for Power projects
Major construction projects in the following sectors:
- Oil and gas
- Processing facilities
- Power generation
- Heavy and light industrial
- Infrastructure including road, rail and water
Annually Renewable Contracts for:
- Capital Expenditure
- Binding authorities
USD 75,000,000 on a Probable Maximum Loss Basis