Loss of Licence
Our loss of licence insurance can help you protect against losses from having your alcohol licence revoked and cover costs and expenses incurred when applying to regain it.
As a business, you strive to comply with licensing laws but despite this, your alcohol licence can still be revoked by your Local Authority due to external circumstances beyond your control, such as public nuisance and crime and disorder.
When faced with such unforeseen circumstances, our loss of licence insurance can help protect you against loss of income and/or value of your business.
For more details, see our summary of cover document.
Why You Might Need It:
- To protect your business against loss of income derived from having your alcohol licence being revoked.
- To cover costs and expenses incurred when appealing the loss of licence with your Local Authority.
- You can insure up to a maximum of £250,000 worth of lost income.
- Your cover will be valid for a period of up to 12 months after the policy’s start date.
- Our loss of licence insurance is part of Travelers’ shop insurance package.
- Gov.uk’s alcohol licensing page is a useful information hub if you want to make sure that you’re fully compliant with licensing laws.
Interested in a Quote?
If you are looking for insurance, contact your independent broker and ask for Travelers.
Looking to insure a small business? Visit Simply Business, our digital partner for small business customers, to find cover tailored to your business needs.