COVID-19: Steps We're Taking
We're Here to Help
As we continue to monitor ongoing developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), please know we are ready to partner with you.
We have business continuity plans in place to provide exceptional, uninterrupted service – all while ensuring our employees stay safe and can continue to support our customers and broker partners.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping our customers, employees and communities during this time:
Taking Care of Our Customers
- We can consider requests to extend Policy Periods, where the broker is unable to contact the customer ahead of renewal.
- Adjusting our Risk Control inspection process to make use of our remote assessment capability and taking all necessary extra precautions if an in-person inspection is needed.
- We have every member of our Claims team equipped to work remotely. As always, we are committed to responding to customers’ claim needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism.
Taking Care of Our Communities
- Pledging $5 million to COVID-19 relief efforts to assist families and communities across North America, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland:
- $3.5 million to charities that are providing essential services to address urgent, unmet needs, including emergency assistance for hourly workers, food and shelter for vulnerable populations, stability to small businesses and resources to mitigate disruptions in education.
- $1 million to pay the wages and health benefits for eligible employees of third-party contractors who provide services at the company’s US offices, ensuring that these individuals, who would have otherwise been laid off, remain employed.
- $500,000 to a matching programme for employees who wish to contribute to causes related to COVID-19. Under the programme, the company will match – on a 2-for-1 basis – employee contributions to designated organisations.
Taking Care of Our Employees
- Nearly all our employees are working remotely. Remote working is not new for us and our systems are robust. This gives us the confidence we can continue to deliver for our customers and broker partners.
- We have provided equipment, supplies and resources to help employees work safely and seamlessly from home.
We will always be here when you need us. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.